Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Reading

photo here
I love books. 

Reading is my favorite past time. There is nothing more satisfying than closing a book with a contented sigh. Likewise, there is nothing more frustrating than putting a book down with a dull thud, the finality of wasted time and energy.

To recreate that buoyant feeling of utter satisfaction, I am always on the prowl for the next good read. Like most people, I, too turn to bestseller lists, reviews and recommendations for illumination. 

After much mishap, it dawned on me that what is enjoyable is highly subjective. There is no definitive guide. 

       *                                  *                                 *

Despite this, I still keep a tab on interesting titles. The byproduct however, is sheer confusion; with a myriad of book titles marked as wishlists or books-to-read, saved on various applications or scraps of paper. It's such a hassle to go back and forth all the time, so I decided to start this blog, as my map to navigate the book world.

Voila, Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree that one's opinion on a book can vary.
    I look forward to see the books you pick up and see if it's the right one for me too.

    I know one thing in book recommendation though.
    A person seem to have a number of stems of interest in terms of book genre. One of those stems could match a fellow reader's and bingo you can follow that reader's recommendation when it comes to that genre. I think with you and I, we devour Harry Potter the same way :) but may be not so much in others :p But that's okay of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, you won't see me following romance novels in any stem! Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read romance novels either! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you read a big bunch since the last post :)

    ReplyDelete